Monday, August 19, 2013

One More Time with Feeling.

Photographs of a girl, gaunt yet radiant, hang all along the wall. Like weeds in a garden, these images have a habit of appearing out of nowhere. Found tucked between folds of clothing or glued to the pages of abandoned journal entries, all depict the same frail girl: exposed ribs, collarbone daringly bare. Each portrait a constant reminder of a life I fear I can never return to. A reminder that at one moment, I was as pretty as a flower.

Drift off into a steady ponder, is love restricted to that between two souls? Is there some internal love bar within us all dictating the maximum amount of love we can offer? Is caring for one person taking away your ability to care for another? I find that rather selfish.

Awaken from this daydream with the gentle settling of pills atop your palm. With a demeaning smile, he promises to make my brain behave. I can't even function in this world without some alteration. Hah, pills, like that'll make me forget.

All desire is gone, but he stole all my razors, and the garage door doesn't shut. I'm such an animal, but his gaze acts as a cage. So nauseas, dry heaving for years, and to think, Tuesday I can finally, finally, throw it all up and admit love you forever not maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment